With the rapid development of the network, the demand of the market for high bandwidth and high reliability is increasing, so the high-speed interconnection solution of DAC high-speed cable comes into being from time to time.
What is DAC cable?
DAC is short for Direct Attach Cable. It is usually a cable component purchased with fixed connectors at both ends, which cannot be replaced, and the module connector and copper cable cannot be separated. It is widely used in storage area network, data center and high performance computer connection.
100G QSFP28 to QSFP28 DAC：
- Suitable for stacking, cascading and direct connection between short-distance 100G devices, such as 100G switch, etc.
- It can provide customers with 100g high bandwidth data interconnection capability and 4-way duplex channels. The working rate of each channel can support 25gb / s, and the convergence bandwidth is 100GB/s.
- In accordance with sff-8436, it is applied to the connection between devices with qsfp28 port.
100G QSFP28 to 4*SFP28 DAC:
- Applicable to interconnection between 100G and 25G equipment.
- One end is 100G QSFP28 interface, the other end is four 25G SFP28 interfaces, which can provide customers with 100G high bandwidth data interconnection capability.
- In accordance with SFF-8665/SFF-8679、IEEE 802.3bj and InfinibandEDR standard.
- Provide a distance range of 1-5m, widely used in data center or Supercomputing Center system scenarios.
100G QSFP28 DAC Cable Application:
In short-distance transmission, DAC high-speed cable has the advantages of low power consumption, low cost and convenient use. Choosing the right cable in different scenarios can achieve better results. It is widely used in the Internet data center.